It is to be expected that people change and develop throughout their lives and gain and lose certain properties. However, what is not expected is that even fictional characters, such as cartoon characters, change and develop over time as well. This development has led to some weird facts about cartoon characters you might not know about. So, here are some of these facts.
– Donald Duck starred in videos promoting family planning in the third world. At the middle the 20th century, family planning was a difficult topic to approach, so they have come up with the idea of letting this cartoon character preach about “having fewer babies” and give others contraceptives in the movie “Family Planning”. At that time, cartoons were a new fad and were not yet considered a means for amusing children.
– Maybe you have seen one of the oldest “Tom and Jerry” cartoons, the one called “Puss Gets the Boot,” and wondered why the art and the characters looked so strange, and also wondered why the hell would the cartoon character of the woman (named in that cartoon “Mammy Two Shoes”) call Tom, Jasper. Well, apparently Tome and Jerry were originally called Jasper and Jinx. It is also said that the current names of these cartoon characters are a reference to German and British soldiers in WWII.
– Betty Boob, one of the oldest and sexiest cartoon characters ever was originally a French poodle. Yep, the sexy brunette was originally a dog with a round black nose and cute flabby ears in the 1930s. Actually, the look was not that good, and some even considered it freaky, so they changed her into a full human being in “Any Rags” two years after.
– A worm species was named after Totoro. You might not know much about totoro, but it is a well-known cartoon character in the oriental cultures. In the animation, “My Neighbor Totoro” created by Hazao Miyazaki, there was a cat bus that had so many legs resembling a centipede. The animation was so popular that a velvet worm discovered recently was named after totoro and is called “Eoperipatus totoros Vietnam velvet worm”.
– Mickey Mouse was originally an ass and a molester. I recall my feelings of shock each time I remember this one. Back when cartoons were still targeted towards much older – and sleazier – audience, that cartoon character used to torture, abuse and even molest other animals, especially in the movies, “The Galloping Gaucho” and “Plane Crazy”.