The microwave is considered as a lifesaver machine by many people because for its speed and ease of use. But they use it only for some limited purposes and they don’t have an idea about how to get the maximum utility out of it. So in this article, we will go through the incredible uses for microwaves that most of us would never imagine.
• Save Stale Bread: Rehydrate your stale bread by warping it in a moist kitchen towel and put it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. The moisture from the towel will hydrate your bread.
• Peeling Garlic: For people who find it hard to peel the skin off garlic, they can microwave the garlic cloves for about 10-15 seconds and they will be able to peel the skin off garlic much more easily.
• Reuse the Stamp: If you want to remove the postage stamp without causing damage, put a drop of water on the postage stamp and microwave it for about 20 seconds. The stamp will come off easily.
• Chopping Onions: To chop on onion without tearing, trim off the ends and microwave the onion for 30 seconds. Your eyes will no longer sting when chopping the onion because the microwaving step takes the sting out of the onion juice.
• Disinfecting Sponges: Rather than throwing the dirty kitchen sponges, you can disinfect them by using the microwave. Put the dirty sponge into a bowl filled with water and some drops of vinegar or lemon juice and put the bowl in the microwave for 60 seconds. This will clean and disinfect the sponge
• Soften Brown Sugar: If your brown sugar has gotten all stuck together, put a dampened paper towel in the box with the sugar and close the box tightly, then put it in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. The moisture from the towel will soften the sugar.
• Soaking Lentils and Beans: If you don’t have much time to soak lentils and beans, you can use your microwave to handle this situation. Put the beans or lentils into a bowlful of water and add a pinch of bicarbonate soda to it. Put the bowl in the microwave for 10 minutes and leave them inside the bowl for another 40 minutes. Your lentils or beans will be soaked perfectly by then.