When people meet someone with a strong personality, they either think this person is rude or likes dominating, but none is the truth. Actually, people with strong personalities are often soft on the inside; they just give a bed rep. Strong people do not let others walk all over them, and some people might get afraid of them. Here below are some signs that you are one of those that have a strong personality:
• Not putting up with excuses – Having a strong personality, you do not like making excuses or listening to others’; you would rather focus on how you can overcome obstacles and what you can do.
• Not relying on other people to tell you who you are and what you can do; some people need to do that to feel better and feel whole. On the other hand, you do not need your best friend, family member, boyfriend or girlfriend to tell you what you can do; you can figure it out on your own.
• Hating small talk – When you have a strong personality, you would feel that small talk is terrible because you think it wastes time and brain cells.
• Not standing idiocy, ignorance or insensitivity – A strong personality is the result of being well- informed and thoughtful, while a dominating personality comes from lack of knowledge, so there is a huge difference. As a person with strong personality, you hate it when people make instant judgments before good knowledge; you believe that people should think before any word comes out of their mouth.
• Knowing how to listen – You might think that people would appreciate your listening, but actually being heard terrifies people because they are not used to it.
• Not needing attention – Your personality attracts people to you, so the amount of socializing you do is because people need persons like you around, not because you want to do it.