There is no doubt that what you eat affects on your weight. But also when you eat and how you eat has a hand in how much you weigh as well. In addition, the place where you eat is responsible for losing or gaining weight. Here are some methods to help you know how to eat right in order to lose some weight.
– Try to add new elements to your food. For example, you can add new kinds of fruit and vegetables. It’s advisable to eat more vegetables in each meal. Also, it’s far better to have fruits as a dessert.
– Try to eat on a table away from the TV set. When you eat in front of the TV you will be distracted and you will eat more as a result.
– It’s advisable to keep a detailed journal of what you eat everyday. Be honest with yourself and think twice about unnecessary snacking in-between meals.
– If you are hungry between meals take a healthy snack. Do not ignore hunger but choose your snacks smartly. You may have a fresh piece of fruit instead of having a donut or any other similarly unhealthy snacks.
– Drink plenty of water and never mistake thirst for hunger. Also, try to eat salad before your main meal. Salad will fill you up before having your meal.
– Try to reduce the amount of the food in each meal. Buy smaller plates to help you cut down the size of the meal.
– Sometimes, we eat because we don’t have any other thing to do, or
what some people call “opening-the-fridge-without-a-reason” syndrom. So, try to occupy yourself when the feelings of boredom urge you to eat while you are not hungry. You may call a friend or go for a walk to take your mind off eating.