More and more people are recommending and eating oatmeal to take advantage of its wonderful benefits. In case you are one of those who would like to have reasons before eating something just because some people say it is healthy, read through this article to get your prove.
1. Prevents Breast Cancer : The rich amount of phytochemicals and soluble fibers in oatmeal gives protection against cancer. High amounts of soluble fibers are especially helpful against breast cancer as it regulates the hormones which promote the growth of this terrible cancer.
2. Regulates Sleep : Eating oatmeal at night can help you sleep because it makes you feel full while giving you a relaxing and calming sensation. This happens thanks to the oatmeal compounds which provide the brain with more serotonin and tryptophan.
3. Helps Fitness : The rich amounts of soluble fiber in oatmeal makes you feel full for a long time as it takes a while to be digested. Hence, you will be less tempted to grab sugar filled snack during the day.
4. Decreases Cholesterol : One and a half cups of oatmeal in your morning porridge is sufficient to lower the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood because its soluble fiber stops the absorption of that cholesterol; therefore, improving your cardiovascular health.
5. Balances Blood Sugar Levels : Oatmeal in breakfast provides you with energy to start the day without making your blood sugar levels peak because oatmeal carbohydrates break down at a slow rate. Moreover, the rich amounts of magnesium in oatmeal can prevent the development of diabetes by regulating insulin levels.
6. Improves the Immune System : A bowl of oatmeal a day can keep the doctor away. That is because this wonderful food contains a fiber called beta-glycan which helps the immune system by making antibodies reach infections quickly and kill bacteria more efficiently.