You may be eating the wrong foods before going to bed. That’s why you are unable to sleep well. However, there are some foods which should be eaten at night, and some that shouldn’t. These foods will help you to sleep well and will satisfy your hunger as well. Here are some of them.
– Oatmeal: A lot of people go for eating oatmeal at breakfast. However, it is very good to eat at night as well. It includes the sleeping inducing minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. Therefore, it is a warm and comforting night meal.
– Banana: It is an amazing snack that will satisfy you if you eat it at night. It contains a huge amount of potassium and magnesium. Thus, it will help your muscles to relax.
– Cherries: They help the body to boost the production of melatonin which helps the people with insomnia to sleep faster.
– Almonds: They contain a huge amount of proteins. Therefore, they help to stabilize blood sugar levels. In addition, they include a lot of magnesium which helps the muscles to relax as well as promoting sleeping. But, do not eat much of them as they contain a huge amount of calories.
– Dark chocolate is very good for helping you sleep at night as it contains serotonin that helps the body to relax. On the contrary, white chocolate is not good to be eaten at night as it works as stimulant and therefore, it will make you more alert and awake.