You might think that putting your family in the right track about healthy diet is so difficult and needs radical changes, but you are not aware that it will not require more than simple few actions. Among these changes we mention the way you shop. Here we will tell you how to shop in order to make healthy meals for your family.
– You should plan in advance to prepare healthy meals suitable for your family members by preparing a written and detailed list. This step will help you save time and it will help you fight temptation to buy things that you don’t need and that are not healthy for your family.
– Start your shopping by the department of fruit and vegetables. Fill half of your shopping cart with these foods in order to remember that you fill most of the dish with fruits and vegetables.
– After finishing with fruit and vegetables department, you should move to milk department and other diary products. Make sure that you have bought enough products from this department, since every member of your family needs three daily servings of this kind.
– When buying bread and its derivations, replace traditional products with others that consist of whole grains. These kinds of products will make your family full for long time and it also contains fiber.
– When shopping for snacks, try as much as possible to avoid potato chips and sugary foods. Replace them with nuts which are rich with omega-3 or popcorn which is a healthy snack if prepared in the right way.
– When buying peas, beans and corn, you should choose the iced instead of the canned as they contain less preservatives.
– Do not hesitate to buy any kind of spices that will give your food taste without resorting to use salt to avoid the bad effect of sodium on your family.