All people know that bathing in sea water has somehow miraculous health benefits for us, after you spend good time enjoying yourself in the sea water you find your skin marvelous, your mood is much better and you feel somehow healthier than ever, if you want to discover why you feel generally better when you bath in sea water, read on the following.
Sea Water For Our General Wellbeing.
• Using sea water for medical purposes go as back to as far as the 4th century B.C, it was first used medicinally by Hippocrates who was considered the father of modern medicine, Hippocrates gave sea water therapy a name thalassotherapy which means therapy and water.
• Seawater was found to contain 84 elements found in the human body such as vitamins, amino acids and mineral salts as well as antibacterial, antimicrobial and antibiotic substances.
• When you bath in sea water your body easily assimilate all these beneficial substances that were found to naturally exist with the same concentration in the human blood plasma as sea water.
Sea Water For Healthy Skin.
• Sea salt that is contained in sea water helps to detoxify the skin, it also works as a natural exfoliant, it removes the dead skin cells and promote the production of new healthy ones.
• The minerals in sea water and particularly magnesium hydrate the skin and make it look healthier.
• Sea water can help relieve irritated skin and alleviate many skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis, eczema rosacea and psoriasis.
• Sea water contain powerful antiseptic properties that seem to work wonders on healing minor wounds, cuts, burns, rashes and other skin conditions.
Sea Water For A Strong Immune System.
•A study was made on sea water grown cherry tomatoes, the study conducted that the level of antioxidants founds in the tomatoes that were grown using sea water was much higher than those grown with fresh water, which make those tomatoes grown with sea water much more beneficial to reduce the risks of heart diseases and cancer.
• Sea water also increase the oxygen level in our blood making it more able to fight off free radicals.
• Just inhaling sea air and mist can improve your immune system as they are rich with negatively charged hydrogen ions that work as powerful antioxidants.
• The iodine contained in sea water being a powerful antiseptic substance helps the body to fight off infections caused by bacteria, fungus and parasites.
• Sea water can also be able to relieve cold and flue symptoms, inhaling sea water helps to loosen up mucus and prevent nasal congestion.