A lot of people nowadays suffer from insomnia and sleeping disorders. This problem greatly affects their ability to work and achieve their tasks in the day. So, some people tend to take medicines to help them sleep well. However, it’s advisable to go for healthy foods that help one to fall asleep naturally in order to avoid any side effect of taking pills.
1. Cup of warm milk: In order to sleep easily, you can drink a cup of warm milk at the evening. Milk contains a large percentage of calcium, which is known to be effective for muscles relaxation. Also, it helps to increase the secretion of serotonin, a hormone responsible for calming nerves.
2. Cheese: Quite like milk, different kinds of cheese contain calcium, which helps to get rid of nervous tension and pressure as well as relaxing muscles. In addition, it helps to regulate the secretion of melatonin, which helps in adjusting the body’s internal clock.
3. Bananas: Banana is rich in potassium and magnesium, which are known for promoting sleep and making muscles relax. Besides, it contains a large percentage of tryptophan, which helps to clarify your mind and de- stress your body. Take one banana before going to bed by one hour to help you sleep well.
4. Honey: A tablespoon of honey is capable of treating insomnia problems and getting quiet and healthy sleep through the night. As it is rich in sugar, honey helps to increase insulin levels. It also works well to accelerate the delivery of tryptophan to the brain quickly, thus facilitating the process of falling asleep.
5. Fish: Fish, especially salmon, tuna, mackerel, provide the body with a huge percentage of vitamin B6. This vitamin works to promote the secretion of melatonin, which helps to purify mind and get rid of nervous tension and pressure.