If you suffer from yellow or discolored teeth, you must know by now that it is caused by tea, coffee and smoking. Teeth are one of your first features people notice. Unhealthy teeth mean bad breath, low self-confidence and fewer smiles. In this article we’ll walk you through the path to pearl-white smile.
Here are few tips to help you keep your teeth white and healthy.
– Brush as soon as you finish drinking or eating. Most food doesn’t cause any discoloration but it is better to clean your teeth once you’ve finished eating to prevent decay. If you are a smoker or drink coffee regularly then you need to brush more frequent than others who do not smoke or drink discoloring drinks.
– Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. This is considered an amazing natural teeth whitener. It actually works. Mix a little amount of both components to form a paste. Use this paste to brush your teeth. It will keep your mouth germs-free as well.
– Coconut oil. It is a natural teeth whitener. Don’t rub your teeth with oil, but simply use a spoon of the oil and swish it around in your mouth for few minutes after washing your teeth. Or you can add few drops to your toothbrush.
– Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups. Early discovery of decay or other teeth/gum related conditions saves you a lot of pain and money.
– Taking a good care of your gums is vital as well to prevent bad breath. Moreover, flossing is as important as brushing.