Naturally, we all experience different types of pain. Although some of them wouldn’t necessarily need medical attention, some types of pain can’t be overlooked and require immediate medical attention. Here are some examples:
6. Sudden Sharp Pain between Shoulder Blades : If you experience this kind of pain followed by shortness of breath, jaw pain and nausea, this could be a condition of arthritis or a heart attack. You should then call an ambulance straight away.
5. Back Pain and Numbness in Toes : When back pain is accompanied with numbness of toes, it’s usually a complication of lifting heavy objects. If warm pads do not relieve the pain, you have to visit a doctor in case it’s a slipped disc pressing on a nerve which calls for immediate attention.
4. Severe Intense Headache : A severe intense headache may be a symptom of aneurism, or swelling of a blood vessel. It can be distinguished from migraine in that migraine is the kind that develops gradually and makes you feel sick and sensitive to light. Aneurism doesn’t go away with painkillers and worsens with aspirin. It may cause death in a few minutes so call an ambulance immediately.
3. Fever with Middle Back Pain : This kind of pain along with painful urination may be a sign of kidney infection and should not be taken for granted. Check with your doctor as soon as you can.
2. Menstrual Pain that Doesn’t Deviate with Painkillers : If you experience severe menstrual pain that doesn’t go away with painkillers, this could be a symptom of endometriosis, endometrial tissue growing outside the uterus. This condition may cause infertility in women so it’s best to consult a doctor.
1. Acute Pain Reaching from the Central Abdominal Part to the Lower Right : This type of pain may be a sign of appendicitis. Call your doctor, it may require immediate surgery before it spreads to the rest of the body.