Microwaves are in every house nowadays. Nonetheless, many of us are unaware of what our microwaves are capable of doing. Here’s a top 10 list of the many things your microwave can do:
10. Makes Citrus Juicier : Put your fruits in the microwave for half a minute and you’ll end up with juicier, easy to squeeze fruits for your drink.
9. Moist Stale Bread without Turning It Soggy : The best way to moist your stale bread in the microwave without ending up with soggy bread, wrap your bread in paper towel and keep it in the microwave for 10 seconds on high power.
8. Peel Fruits and Garlic Easier : If you have troubles with peeling certain fruits or garlic, leave them in the microwave for 30 seconds and take them out. Let them rest for 2 minutes then peel them easier and faster.
7. Cut Onions without Tears : Start off with cutting the tips of the onion and then place it in the microwave for 30 seconds. When you take it out, you can carry on cutting the onion without tears.
6. Clean Your Microwave Easier : Place a bowel of water and vinegar in the microwave, heat the mix and it will moisten hard food particles. You can then wipe your microwave clean with a paper towel.
5. Renew Old Honey : Whenever your honey crystallizes, remove the lid and put it in the microwave, it comes out just as new.
4. Cook Skinned Vegetables without Explosions : Cooking vegetables with skin in the microwave can cause an explosion and a mess. To avoid that, pierce through vegetable skins before cooking them.
3. Dry Herbs : Put herbs in the microwave to fasten their drying.
2. Skip Soaking Beans : Add beans in a bowel of water and bicarbonate of soda and leave them in the microwave for 10 minutes instead of soaking them overnight.
1. Return the Crunch to your Chips : When you leave your potato chips for some time, they get stale. Putting them in the microwave is the best way to make them crunchy.