Other than being an excellent source of Vitamin C, Papayas have many other health benefits that granted it the title of “The Fruit of the Angels” by Christopher Columbus. Here are some of papayas’ most characteristic health benefits:
8. Prevents Cholesterol Buildup : Cholesterol buildup in your arteries causes serious heart problems and hypertension. Antioxidants, Vitamin C and fibers found in papayas lower your blood cholesterol levels.
7. Good for Digestion : From time to time you may consume foods such as fast food that messes up your digestion causing trouble. You can fix this by consuming papaya afterwards that’s rich in papain and fibers that recovers your digestion.
5. Strengthen Your Immunity : Vitamin C found in big amounts in papaya boosts your immunity quiet well and lessen your susceptibility to different diseases.
3. Less Chance of Arthritis : Vitamin C and anti-inflammatory properties found in papayas are very protective for your bones and lessen chances of arthritis to occur.
2. Protect Your Eyes : As you grow old, you are vulnerable to vision deterioration, however Vitamin A found in papaya has a protective quality to your vision.
1. Keeps You Young : Eating papaya on daily bases is a natural way to maintain your youth. Vitamins and anti-oxidants found in papaya protect your skin from wrinkles and aging signs.