There is no doubt that arguments are part of sharing a life with another person. You will not find two people who are always getting along perfectly ALL of the time. After arguments, you may be thinking of some of the things that have been said. In order to calm down after the argument, you may try to do any of these things.
1. Try to go for a walk. Walking in the fresh air will help you get a chance to get your own thoughts together and make both of you feel calm.
2. Breathe deeply and count from 1 to 10. You will be able to think well and focus more clearly when you take deep breaths. Also, counting slowly will slow down your thoughts.
3. Listening to gentle music will help you calm down and relax. In addition, music can change your mood completely and change your way of thinking about your dispute.
4. You may go to the gym and do some workout. It will help you vent your anger out on some instrument and after that you will be ready to talk with your partner.
5. Take a hot shower as it will help you to relax and calm down. Your muscles will get relaxed and you will get rid of stress. Moreover, you will have a chance to be alone and calm down away from your partner.
6. You may talk with your close friends to calm down. But, you should avoid saying everything especially when the matter is personal. Moreover, make sure not to vent your anger out on your friends. Chatting with your understanding friend will help you much in seeing things with the right perspective.