Most of us have low sleep quality although we try a lot to sleep better. Sometimes we do things before sleeping without knowing that what we do before sleeping affects the way we sleep. For example, if you feel anxious and stressed or you have a lot of thoughts and worries, your mind will keep you alert.
Therefore, you should prepare yourself before going to bed and try to be relaxed in order to have good night sleep. Read this article in order to know how to do that.
– Do not eat a big meal before going to bed. In order to avoid indigestion and bloating at night, it’s advisable to take the main meal at least 3 hours before sleeping at night.
– It’s advisable to turn off computers and tablets at night. The screens of these devices have some light that disrupts the production of melatonin. Therefore, they will stimulate your brain and you will be awake.
– Stop having caffeine before sleeping by at least 5 hours. Caffeine lasts in your system and stimulates your brain for a long time.
– Try to lower the temperature to give your body a message that it’s time for sleeping. You may turn down the thermostat setting on your heating or open the window.
– Taking a hot shower before going to bed is a very good way for helping you to feel relaxed. This shower will prepare you for sleep as it will release melatonin into your system.
– You may also read a book at night. Reading will make you indulged in some story and therefore you will forget about your worries. Also, reading will make you feel relaxed enough to sleep.