It is a normal feeling to feel like failures from time to time, but you have to find a way to see your life from a different perspective. Just because you do not drive a fancy car and you do not live in a mansion, that does not mean you are a failure. Here are some signs that you are doing well life even though you do not think so:
• Your relationships are less dramatic – As we age, we get more mature which means less drama. Your relationships maybe drama- filled in the past, so consider yourself successful if you have moved beyond that.
• You are no longer afraid to ask for help – Asking for help does not mean weakness, as no person succeeds in isolation. When you are not afraid to ask for help, it is a sign you have grown as a person.
• You do not tolerate bad behavior any more, whether from people or even yourself. You have raised your standards and you hold people accountable for their actions, most importantly you avoid the energy vampires in your life.
• You love yourself enough to say no to anything that does not make you feel good, drags you down or does not serve a purpose. Even though it might seem narcissistic, but it is not.
• You appreciate who you see in the mirror more than you used to. Ideally, you do that all the time, but even if not, then at least more than you used to, that is success.
• You come to realize that failures and setbacks are part of self- growth. It is not realistic to have success 100% of the time; life is about winning and loss and you should consider your setbacks as steps to something better.