IBS is what people usually call irritable bowel syndrome. It is a common medical condition, so common that it affects more than 50 million people in US alone. While this medical condition is not fatal, it can be really bothersome and embarrassing at times making it difficult for people to live like they used to. Here, I will tell you about the treatments and causes for irritable bowel syndrome.
Reasons for IBS:
– Allergy or sensitivity to some types of food such as food that contain lactose, caffeine or gluten.
– An overgrowth in the bacteria of the small intestine. These bacteria may grow a lot which may lead to disturbing the balance of intestinal flora. Moreover, other things that may come from food such as yeast and parasites (in case of contaminated food) can have the same result.
– Fatigue and stress can make your gastrointestinal tract weaker and more vulnerable to ailments.
– Some types of anti-inflammation medicines can disturb the work of your gastrointestinal tract and the functioning of your intestines.
So how do we treat IBS?
– In case of food allergies and sensitivity, your doctor will most likely tell you to eliminate the foods that cause the problems from your diet. Make sure you follow the instructions precisely.
– You can really go a long way in making your condition better by applying stress-free lifestyle.
– If the problem is with you bacterial imbalance, your doctor will most likely prescribe some probiotics and antibiotics for you.
– In case of yeast and parasite infection, your doctor will most likely prescribe antifungal and antiparasitic medicines.
– If your IBS is a side-effect for anti-inflammatory medicine, tell your doctor about it.
You need to consult your doctor if you have IBS to decide on a treatment plan and a suitable lifestyle.