Sometimes it’s only noon and you’re totally exhausted. You’re struggling to stay awake, but nothing is working, and you don’t know what to do to keep yourself from falling asleep at the wrong time. Here are some tricks to help you stay awake and boost your energy.
– Cold Water – splash your face with cold water. Drink an ice-cold glass of water as well, it will help you to wake up
– If your eyes are hurting, take a break and look at a wall or even out a window
– Eat Low Carb Snacks –fruits such as raspberries, apples, oranges, and grapefruits are great energy boosters
– Lights turned on. Turn on as many lights as possible. If you cannot control the lights for any reason, then get closer to the light source (ex: window)
– Music – If it’s not too much of a distraction, listening to up-beat music can help in keeping your mind awake and alerted.
– Suck on a mint or chew gum to keep your mouth alert.
– Start a conversation. If you’re slipping into sleep fast, engaging in conversation can get your mind moving again.
– Climb the stairs if you can, instead of using the elevator.
– A strong cup of coffee can be so helpful as well
– Light Exercise Breaks – Take a break and take a walk to circulate your blood
– Go Outdoors – Getting some fresh air outdoors is always a perfect idea to awaken your senses.