Experiencing discomfort after one heavy meal is normal, but if you experience symptoms of acid reflux, GERD, more than two times a week you need to take action. The most prominent symptoms of acid reflux are burning, nausea, hoarseness, tooth enamel erosion and coughing. GERD can cause various problems like inflammation of the esophagus and increasing the risk of esophageal cancer. Solve your heartburn problem before more problems arise with the following directions:
1. Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning and wait for 15 to 30 minutes before ingesting anything. This will help in balancing the pH level of your digestive system.
2. Avoid sleeping on your right side or you will be putting pressure on your stomach which aggravates acid reflux symptoms.
3. Eat raw almonds as these nuts are abundant in calcium which helps by making alkaline that balances acid in your gut.
4. Drop some pounds. Being overweight is one of the main causes people get GERD in the first place and losing 10% body fats helps in reducing its symptoms.
5. When you have a meal that promotes acid reflux symptoms, follow it by a red apple.
6. Allow more saliva to your esophagus because saliva decreases acid levels. Boost salivation by chewing gum.
7. Swallow two ounces of unprocessed aloe vera juice every day.
8. Don’t work out after eating directly.
9. Drink fenugreek tea, chamomile or mint to aid the relief of GERD symptoms.
10. Dissolve one tablespoon of baking water in half a glass of water for and drink for effective results.
11. Quit bad habits of eating junk food and smoking to eliminate some causes of acid reflux.