Grey hair is often associated with aging or genetics. However, those two reasons aren’t the only leading causes for the appearance of those strands that make you look older. Nutritional deficiencies play an important role in robbing your hair strands from their color to leave them grey. Before resorting to hair dyes as a solution, protect your hair from the first place by eating the following delicious and nutritious foods:
1. Salmon : This rich fish is filled with contents that boost health such as protein and omega-3’s. Perhaps the best thing about salmon for your hair is its selenium, a mineral which regulates hormone production. Selenium is also considered an antioxidant that fights free radicals.
2. Berries : Berries with all their tasty varieties are packed with vitamin C. The vitamin encourages the production of collagen which is important for the health of skin and hair. As an antioxidant, it suppresses free radicals and so slows down aging which in its turn promotes the appearance of grey hair.
3. Almonds : Nuts containing copper, almonds provide an essential nutrient for the production of melanin, the pigment responsible for hair and skin coloring. Moreover, almonds have vitamin E which promotes the health of hair, skin and nails.
4. Leafy Greens : Leafy green vegetables are not only fiber rich foods without calories, but they are also filled with antioxidants and vitamin B. B vitamins are great for nourishing the scalp to make a good environment for the hair to grow colorful. Vitamin B12 also promotes healthy hormone production which, as stated earlier, prevents grey hair emergence.
5. Chocolates : If there aren’t enough reasons to consume chocolate, eat it for the sack of your hair beauty. The advantage of chocolate is that it contains copper which promotes melanin production like almonds do. For added fun, eat chocolate that contains almonds.