Many employees leave their jobs because of a bad boss; good managing is one of the most important factors for workers to be satisfied. In case of a bad boss, employees do not actually leave their jobs but they leave their bosses. No employee wants to be in a tense environment where it is difficult to achieve one’s career goals; it is important that bosses recognize our needs. Here are some things bad bosses do that make us quit:
– They continually question every decision or action we make; employing someone means you have a certain amount of trust and belief in that person’s abilities. We become frustrated as we always look over our shoulders; we need a chance to prove our worth.
– Our good work is not rewarded – we expect an instant promotion for achieving part of the company’s objectives and making it better; who does not like a thumb up for their hard work. We expect to be rewarded for a job well done as we work our butts off to reach goals and meet deadlines. If we are rewarded for our efforts, we will not leave the company.
– They have know- it- all persona; they do not give us the opportunity to offer our ideas and express our thoughts. Great ideas are not limited to our bosses, we are also full of great ideas; we need to be prompted to be expressive rather than stifled with authority.
– They are dishonest and lie to their employees – having a dishonest boss makes it difficult for us to believe in what the company stands for. Bosses should have integrity and solid character.
– They break us down with overwork – overwork diminishes our productivity; we cannot keep up the good work if we are burnt out. Increasing our workload without offering us more rewards makes walking out the door a better deal.