Lemons are super fruits that are known for being loaded with vitamin C and other nutrients like antioxidants. These citrus fruits are usually used to fight scurvy and colds but there are many more benefits to them. When you read the following amazing health and beauty benefits of lemon juice, you will make sure that you never run out of lemons.
1. Getting Rid of Dandruff : Squeeze 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and massages them on your scalp then rinse your head with lemon water. Repetition of this process will help you get rid of dandruff.
2. Relieving Insect Bites : Put lemon juice on insect bites to reduce itching and swelling.
3. Curing Coughs : Drinking warm lemon water sweetened with raw honey relieves coughing and prevents the buildup of mucus.
4. Fighting Warts : The acidity of lemon juice can help in breaking down warts which are covered with the juice.
5. Reducing Age Spots and Freckles : Use a cotton swab to apply lemon juice on age spots and freckles to reduce them.
6. Brightening Finger Nails : Lemon juice helps in whitening nails and olive oil helps in making them stronger. Mix lemon juice and olive oil then immerse your nail in the mixture.
7. Healing a Sore Throat : Drink lemon water and gargle with it to benefit from its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. The vitamin C will boost your immunity and help with healing your sore throat.
8. Lightening Hair Color : Apply a mixture of lemon juice with coconut or almond oil on your hair then expose it to sunlight. The oil protects your hair from drying out while the lemon works on lightening its color.
9. Relieving Skin Rashes : If you suffer from a skin rash like poison ivy, relief it by using cotton ball soaked in lemon juice and gently rub the rashes with it.