There are many health benefits that onions provide. We shouldn’t eat lots of onions to get these benefits. Only a small amount of onions will be enough for getting these great health benefits which are mentioned here in detail.
1. Fighting cancer: The onion extract is rich in a variety of sulfides, which provides some protection against tumor growth. Some studies have shown that regular consumption of onions helps in the reduction of several types of cancers like colon, skin, throat, stomach, esophageal and ovarian cancers.
2. Preventing heart diseases: Regular consumption of onion helps to reduce high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels. This is due to sulfur compounds, chromium and vitamin B6 in the onions. Therefore, it helps to prevent hair diseases.
3. Good for skin: Onion helps to stimulate blood circulation in the mucosa. Thus, it can be used to treat pimples, acne and wounds.
4. Stimulating hair growth: Onion is rich in sulfur which is one of the essential nutrients for promoting hair growth.
5. Maintaining bone health: Onions also have the ability to build tissues, bone and connective tissues. Therefore, it is very useful for women who are at risk for osteoporosis.
6. Treating cold and flu: Indians used onions to ward off colds and flu. Also, WHO recognizes onions for their ability to relieve flu symptoms such as cough, bronchitis and respiratory infections.
7. Treating urinary problems: Onion has diuretic characteristics which helps to treat urinary disorders.
8. Improving digestion: Onions are a good source of fiber and vital substances that encourage the growth of probiotics in the digestive system which makes it function well as a result.